Everyone has specific birthday month and each month has specific birthstone. According to astrologist and it believes that gemstone has been used to purify the aura of any negative energy or attachments and creates a protective shield of Light around the body.
Know more about Amethyst birthstone:
Amethyst or February birthstone color is a purple variety of quartz (SiO2) and owes its violet color to irradiation, iron impurities, and the presence of trace elements, which result in complex crystal lattice substitutions. The hardness of the mineral is the same as quartz, thus it is suitable for use in jewelry. The best varieties of amethyst can be found in Siberia, Sri Lanka, Brazil and the far East. Green quartz is sometimes incorrectly called green amethyst, which is a misnomer and not an appropriate name for the material, the proper terminology being prasiolite. Other names for green quartz are vermarine or lime citrine.
* Information credit to Wikipedia
History of February Birthstone:
According to ancient Greeks and Romans, the February gemstone, Amethyst, has been associated with many myths, legends, religions, and numerous cultures. Some historical accounts say that Saint Valentine had an amethyst ring carved with an image of Cupid.
Amethyst's Benefits and Healing Properties:
- Amethyst helps you to boost immune system.
- It is believed that Amethyst helps alleviate Migraines.
- It helps to reduce negative energy around from you.
- Amethyst helps keep you calm and your emotions balanced.
- Amethyst's inherent high frequency purifies the aura of any negative energy or attachments and creates a protective shield of Light around the body.
- In the spiritual world, Amethyst provided a connection to the Divine
- Amethyst’s ability to expand the higher mind also enhances one’s creativity and passion. This will help you to reach your dream work.
The Amethyst hardness scale is 7 out of 10 that means it has good toughness for jewelry to wear every day.
February birthstone gift guide:
- Treat yourself, if your birthday month is February to signify a special year or special event or just because you like it.
- Get February birthstone gifts for her. If your beloved one’s birthday month is February. There could be no better gift than February birthstone jewelry.
- An Amethyst Necklace (February birthstone necklace), Amethyst Earrings (February birthstone ring) or Amethyst ring (February birthstone ring) is a great February Birthstone gift item for anyone who born in February.
Today, Amethyst can be found in a range of beautiful February birthstone jewelry designs. If your birthday month or your favorite peoples' birth month is February, definitely consider jewelry with the February birthstone, Amethyst, first. It adds instant personal touch to the gift. Check below for our February birthstone gifts from our Amethyst jewelry collection.
February Birthstone Jewelry:
14k Gold 3mm Amethyst and Diamond Necklace
Lava Lake Earrings
Amethyst ring gold - 14K Yellow Amethyst Stackable Ring
Delving Arrows Earring
Amethyst Sphere Drop Earrings in 18k Yellow Gold