What is January birthstone and history of January birthstone?
Garnet is the birthstone for January and the stone that celebrates the 2nd anniversary of marriage. Garnets were highly popular in Europe in 18th and 19th centuries. They were frequently used for jewelry in the Victorian times. In Old Spain, the pomegranate was a favorite, and as a result of this, so was the garnet. In Spanish astrology, the garnet once represented the sun.
- Garnet is the stone that represent symbol of love and friendship.
- It is also thought to symbolize the mending of wounds between lovers.
What is January birthstone meaning and color?
The word garnet comes from the 14th‑century Middle English word garnet, meaning 'dark red'. Garnet species are found in many colors including red, orange, yellow, green, purple, brown, blue, black, pink, and colorless, with reddish shades most common. These called the January birthstone color.
Healing properties of Garnet:
- The red garnet stone has been used to release depression and stimulate the heart.
- Garnet is often associated with the heart, which makes it an ideal stone for stimulating one's endurance, strength, and vitality.
- According to some crystal healers, garnet can be a powerful ally in self-awareness, which in turn helps with relationship building.
Benefits of January birthstone or Garnet benefits:
- Bring Happiness Goodness in your life.
- Protects from negative and evil thoughts.
- Bring good luck in love and relationship.
- Reduces the depression.
- Bring success in life.
January birthstone jewelry or Garnet jewelry:
Today, the garnet can be found in a range of jewelry pieces and styles, from beautiful January birthstone gold rings to stunning tiaras. Since garnet gemstones can come in a range of colors, rare garnets in green or blue make breathtaking pieces, especially in pendants or drop earrings.
Know More about Garnet Birthstone:
Garnet is January birthstone. Garnet species are found in many colors including red, orange, yellow, green, purple, brown, blue, black, pink, and colorless, with reddish shades most common. Garnet species' light transmission properties can range from the gemstone-quality transparent specimens to the opaque varieties used for industrial purposes as abrasives. The mineral's luster is categorized as vitreous (glass-like) or resinous (amber-like). Because the chemical composition of garnet varies, the atomic bonds in some species are stronger than in others. As a result, this mineral group shows a range of hardness on the Mohs scale of about 6.5 to 7.5.
We are listed some of our jewelry collection with January birthstone. Check below our January birthstone jewelry for you and your beloved ones.
18k Gold Rose Cut Garnet Sterling Silver Necklace
Designer: Claudia Berman
Red Peak Garnet Ring
Designer: Mariella Pilato
Garnet Swirl Earrings
Designer: Judith Hoff Brooks
14K Yellow Bezel-set Garnet Textured Ring
Reticulated Silver Ring with 18k gold powder fused and 3mm round Garnet set in 18k gold bezel