Every birthstone has its own unique meaning and healing properties. You can wear birthstone yourself or you can gift them to someone you love. In This content we explore July birthstone and its benefits.
What is the July birthstone?
Ruby, arguably the most famous of red colored stones, is the gemstone for July, as well as those born under the sign of Aries. Its arresting hue speaks of passion and love, making it a stunning gem option for the celebration of the 15th and 40th wedding anniversary.
July birthstone color and history-
Ruby is also deemed to be the most precious of gemstones by the Bible and the ancient Sanskrit writings. Indeed, upon discovery of each Ruby crystal, the Indian Emperor would give a special royal welcome to this King of Gemstones. Large rubies are extraordinarily rare and command prices that rival the finest large diamonds.
When it’s all about the benefit of ruby?
Attributes of Rubies are harmony, contentment, integrity, strength, success, and protection from evil. These Ruby birthstone meanings and benefits seem universal, even when so many cultures of the world have so many different myths and legends.
- It is believed that the stone speaks to us on a primal level and awakens our subconscious to the truth of its nature. As such, it’s impossible not to be inspired by this gemstone! In the days of Yore, Rubies were worn by kings, warrior chiefs, and political rulers as it was believed to strengthen their leadership skills and their decision making.
- For thousands of years, Ruby was considered the stone of love, energy, passion, power, and a zest for life. The blood red stone is believed to represent courage, confidence, vitality, and strength. It’s also associated with love and passion. It’s said to bring success in life, especially with love and romance.
- Rubies throughout time have been associated with the sun, and was thought to preserve mental and physical health. In the middle ages, rubies were viewed as a stone of prophecy. It was thought the stone darkened when danger was near.
Ruby gift idea
- Ruby jewelry is also ideal gift for 15th and 40th anniversary.
- For engagement, a ruby stone engagement ring would be perfect than any others engagement ring. If you know someone whose birthday month is July, gift him/her a perfect ruby jewelry as a token of love.
Before purchase ruby jewelry, you should know some of the quality fact of ruby.
- Color is the most significant factor that affecting in a ruby’s value. Fine gems are a pure, vibrant red to slightly purplish red.
- If a ruby’s inclusions affect its transparency or brilliance, they reduce the gem’s value significantly.
- A fine quality ruby over one carat are very rare and price goes up significantly as size increases.
Wide San Andreas Band with Ruby and Black Tourmaline Quartz
Designer: Jenny Reeves
14K Yellow Bezel-set Ruby Cluster Ring
Small Bedrock Gold Wrap Ruby Ring
Designer: Jenny Reeves
Durability of July birthstone-
Hardness: Rubies have a hardness of 9.0 on the Mohs scale of mineral hardness, only moissanite and diamond are harder, with diamond having a Mohs hardness of 10.0 and moissanite falling somewhere in between corundum (ruby) and diamond in hardness. It is a great gemstone for engagement rings and jewelry worn on daily basis in any weather condition.
Clarity: Similar to diamonds, a clear stone will command a premium, but a ruby without any needle-like rutile inclusions may indicate that the stone has been treated. The ruby has its own resistance system to effect of chemical, heat and light, so it is worth mentioning that boric acid powder may mark the surface of untreated rubies. Whereas dyed, fracture-filled, and cavity filled could be damaged by lemon juice as well as other mild acids.
More about ruby-
Ruby, hardest of natural gems aside from diamond, is durable enough for daily wear and matches any fashionable outfit with it's deep and vivid red color. The quality of a ruby is determined by its color, cut, and clarity, which, along with carat weight, affect its value. The brightest and most valuable shade of red called blood-red or pigeon blood, commands a large premium over other rubies of similar quality.